Android Auto

I have three old cars.

My Note 9 (with a headphone jack) USB-C cables into one of my car's Android Auto head. Lately, it has been bugging me to try the new Android Auto. I did. I tried it for two days, then set it back.

Essentially, Android Auto wants to move away from the card interface to an icon interface, ala Apple CarPlay. Why?

I love the cards. I love driving for hours on end and learning the name of the place I am at because the weather card updates with the name of the place and the weather report for HERE. The new interface (Carplay Light) has a weather icon, and it reads out the weather. I have to tap it. It's not already there on the display.

If I am playing Spotify, the card has the controls on the card. now they are across the bottom? Why?

This would be so easy. Put the notifications button on the toolbar. Put the apps on the toolbar (same as Android has had forever plus 10 days). Now I can choose if I want to stare at useless icons all day or have a live, updating card interface.

Two of my cars do not have Android Auto head units, and Google said they are going to take away the ability to run Auto on the phone screen. They want me to move to a Google Assitant thing instead.

Screw all of that. If I wanted a damn iPhone and CarPlay, I would buy a bloody iPhone. They already screwed the consumer on the headphone jack years ago. They were brave and courageous enough to come right out and say 'We want more money, so here: Use these crappy sounding earpods'. We'll do more for your privacy, as long as you put up with our BS.

Android was always better. It had fingerprint readers and headphone jacks and card interfaces. It seems Google decided Apple is better than they are though, so keep it up, Alphabet Inc. If you are going to look the same (or worse) and act the same (or worse) then I can be abused by anyone.

Apple's recent announcements for iPhone 11 show they are not much better. After explaining to the tech press that USB-C on the iPad Pro's is a 'pro feature' they proved it by releasing a new 329 (USD) iPad with Lighting port.

Except the iPhone 'Pro' ALSO has Lightning, not USB-C. USB-C is a Pro feature, right up until it isn't.

The Nokia 7.2 and Samsung A50 midrange devices keep looking better and better. Nokia even has good OS updating!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Six rolling out on Wattpad

Finished Jessica Jones S3. Wah!