I Am Not a Luddite

I do not have trouble with change. That being said: I just went through the iPad this morning turning off everything I could see that MIGHT make baby Safari windows pop up in the mail app. I have the IOS 13 Beta on there, and this iPadOS is so raw. I know they keep trying to say this tablet can replace a laptop.

It so can't.

What good it is to pop up a small Safari window when I touch a link that I cannot resize, and that I have to swipe away rather than just close. Dumb.

The file system is still a pile of garbage too. It may be more secure to isolate one app's storage from another, but it is a PITA to try to do anything with it.

I was reading through the Android 10 release notes with some horror last night too. Are all tech companies just getting brain dead? Gestures instead of Nav buttons? Screw that. If I can't turn on Nav buttons again and turn off gestures, then why the entire hell am I even on Android? I can run any braindead OS.

Oh: But we did it because the screens are big so gestures are 'better'?

I have a Note 9, and wish I could get a BIGGER screen, not a smaller one. With eff'ing Nav buttons!

I am not getting a Note 10 because they removed tech I love, and did not add anything useful other than the larger screen I wanted. Apparently, the camera on the Note 10 is HDR crazy too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Six rolling out on Wattpad

Finished Jessica Jones S3. Wah!

Android Auto